The following is excerpted from Steiner Realty, Inc. Lease – 2.2 Responsibilities – Pets
Pets are not permitted unless lease explicitly allows them or written consent is given by LANDLORD and a PET INFORMATION FORM is filled out by the TENANT online at http://steiner-realty.com. LANDLORD may deny TENANT’s request for a pet for any reason. In order for TENANT to acquire a pet after completion of this lease, Steiner Realty must be notified in writing of such request. The PET APPLICATION (http://steiner-realty.com) must be filled out by TENANT and payment of the proper “Deposit” and “Fees” as described below must be made. Permission to keep a pet is a privilege, not a right, and as such, may be revoked at any time at the sole discretion of management.
Refundable Pet Deposit
TENANT agrees to pay LANDLORD a refundable pet deposit in the amount of $200.00 per cat and $400.00 per dog. TENANT may not have more than two pets at leased property and there may be a size restriction for dogs, based on the property. (Please clarify this with management.)
PET DEPOSIT is in addition to the SECURITY DEPOSIT described in your lease. TENANT, upon receiving countersigned PET APPLICATION and paying LANDLORD said PET DEPOSIT, is permitted to have the approved pet(s) in the LEASED PROPERTY. LANDLORD is authorized to retain TENANT’S entire PET DEPOSIT and SECURITY DEPOSIT or a portion thereof, as reimbursement for fumigation, extermination, or any other costs incurred as a result of pet in LEASED PROPERTY. This is without prejudice to any other remedies which LANDLORD may have. LANDLORD agrees to refund to TENANT entire PET DEPOSIT or portion thereof, should costs be less than the total calculated deposit due.
Pet Privilege Fee
In addition to PET DEPOSIT, TENANT agrees to pay LANDLORD a PET PRIVILEGE FEE of $10.00 per month per cat and $20.00 per month per dog. This PET PRIVILEGE FEE is in addition to the MONTHLY RENT and non-refundable.
TENANT understands that any complaint or notice received regarding the pet(s) is considered a violation of the LEASE and may result in immediate removal of the pet(s) and/or LEASE termination; whichever LANDLORD deems necessary. Tenant also understands that no pets are permitted to visit or temporarily be boarded in the LEASE PROPERTY; doing so would also be considered a LEASE violation and subject to immediate removal of pet and/or LEASE termination.
TENANT agrees to comply with the PET RULES listed below:
- No loud pet noises including excessive barking, jumping, scratching, whining, or any other disruptive sound will be tolerated.
- No vicious or dangerous animals are permitted. TENANT must be able to maintain control over the pet at all times.
- Pet shall be RESTRAINED AT ALL TIMES when not in apartment. Unsupervised and/or unrestrained animals in any common area are strictly prohibited.
- Pet shall be properly maintained, licensed, and inoculated as required by local, county, or state statute, ordinance, or health code.
- Pet shall display owner identification and current inoculation tags at all times.
- Any odor resulting from any pet is considered a nuisance and is strictly prohibited.
- TENANT assumes all responsibility and is strictly liable for any and all amount of any injury to any person or property as a result of the pet or its actions; and TENANT shall indemnify LANDLORD for all costs of litigation and attorney’s fees resulting from same.
- All food and water bowls must be placed on a protective/plastic floor covering in order to preserve the integrity of the apartment flooring.
- All litter boxes must be placed on a protective/plastic floor covering and maintained in a proper and sanitary condition.
- Used litter will be double-bagged and disposed of in the nearest outdoor trash receptacle and NOT disposed of down the toilet regardless of product’s claim of “flushability”
- No pet is permitted to urinate or defecate on any unprotected floor.
- TENANT agrees to clean up after dog(s) immediately and properly dispose of all waste into nearest outdoor trash receptacle.
- TENANT may not abandon the pet or leave it for an extended period of time.
- No “visiting” or temporary boarding of pets is allowed.
- No pet will be permitted to disturb the health, safety, rights, comfort, quite or peaceful enjoyment of other tenants.
- TENANT agrees to notify Steiner Realty, Inc. of any violation by another TENANT or his/her pet.
- TENANT understands that this list is subject to change as deemed necessary by the LANDLORD.